NDS COMMUNITIES TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of NDS Communities (the community).
To ensure that this community remains a space that is positive, forward-thinking, and supportive environment, where all members feel they can learn and connect with others while feeling safe; we have established some guidelines for participation.
In these terms and conditions:
- the terms “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to National Disability Services Limited (NDS) and its division National Disability Practitioners (NDP);
- the term “the site” means the website address of NDS that provides a means of access to the community.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines, in addition to the following terms, policies and procedures that apply to your access and use of this site:
- National Disability Services Limited’s Terms of Access and Use (Terms of Access and Use) published on our website and accessible via the following website address: https://www.ndp.org.au/terms-of-use.
- The Acceptable Use Policy and Anti-Spam Policy of our third party provider via the following addresses:
You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our community managers via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to immediately and without notice suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules or who we reasonably suspect has violated these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question. Any form of abuse will not be tolerated.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. Commercial messages in discussions, library entries, or elsewhere will be removed.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. You must report any such material to us immediately. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Protect your account. You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your account and password used to access the community. Do not share your account and password with anyone.
- Do not impersonate any other person or entity.
- Do not bypass, or attempt to bypass, any security mechanisms on the site.
We reserve the right to modify, vary or amend these rules at any time and without prior notice.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of NDS.
NDS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NDS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NDS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
You must not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, inappropriate or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NDS and users of this site a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NDS does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NDS, we may take any action that we deem appropriate.
NDS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
NDS reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions as needed at any time, without prior notification.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Thank you for being a part of NDS Communities.